29 April 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Last night as the hubby and I were getting ready for bed, he tells me that we may have to go to a formal military ball in May.  Since the hubby has made E-7 we now have higher standards we have to follow, such as attending more events as in this formal ball. Of course, this is after I had just ate a large, moderate small portion of chicken fettuccine alfredo, two glasses of soda, some m&ms, and some other unhealthy choices during the day.  All I could think of was "oh great, I have a lot of work to do".  I am very happy that my hubby mentioned it to me last night instead of a week prior to the ball.  This event is a great incentive for me to jump start this weight loss that I have been talking about for the last six months.  I plan on using Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred to help get me started, and walking!  Of course I will need your help by holding me accountable! 

Now changing the subject, I am getting excited because each day I am getting closer and closer to planning a flowerbed in my front yard.  The hubby and I have thought of a cute little set up but we need the weather to cooperate here in Alaska before we can start on it.  I have to admit I am a little nervous because the last couple of years I had my bestest friend to help me (well, she did most of the work, I just bought the flowers) but this year I am on my own.  I know I can get it going, it is just making sure I get out there and pick out the weeds, and keep to tending the flowers.  Usually my bestest friend would come over and make sure I was watering the flowers, and tending to the weeds and all that other "green thumb" stuff. 

One last thing I want to say.....

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBER" I am so blessed that God has put you and your family into our life's.  I pray you have a great day, and enjoy this next year because it is your last in your 20's!!!! 

What are your thoughts for this last Thursday of April???

1 comment:

  1. THANKS!!!!!!! I am so glad I get to share this crazy Alaskan adventure with you and your family! You guys ROCK!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...