06 August 2010

The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry

Tonight the family and I went to the movie store and picked up a movie for our family night.  When I enter a movie store I always pray that the Lord will show us a good Christian movie or a movie that will teach us a good life lesson.  Well, tonight the Lord once again has provided for us.  The hubby found a movie called "The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry" and asked if we should get it.  After reading the back I thought it would be a good movie. 

I was pleasantly surprised when within the first 20 minutes of the movie the characters are talking about God.  The back of the movie case did not even mention anything about God or even have the Dove symbol from what I saw (I may have missed it though).  The main characters are three boys around the age of 12 whom befriend an older man, Jonathan Sperry.  Jonathan Sperry takes these three boys under his wing and teaches them about Jesus and how spreading the Word of God is very important.  This movie was so remarkable that my six year old son was even crying.  There were a certain parts of the movie where my son was "wow that made me cry." Bless his heart!

Some of the lessons Mr. Sperry taught was humility, love, forgiveness, and friendship.  I know that I walked away learning some new things, and I am praying that my children did also.

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo--they have this as a 'watch instantly' on Netflix! Thank you for the recommendation; I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...