23 September 2013

Sometimes We May Stand Alone


Many of us feel God calling us to do His works such as working the church nursery, or making cookies for the neighbor, or praying with a friend who is struggling. Then there are times where God calls us to do things that take a step leap of faith. Things that people may think of you as crazy or they may not agree with you. I am sure we all have experienced this.


When we are called by God to do His works we are to be obedient. I know, easier said than done. We may question Him and ask Him if this is truly what He wants us to do. We worry what others will say or the whispers that may occur behind our backs. This is where our trust in Him comes into play. When we do what He asks us to do some people may tease us, bully us, put us down, mock us, and gossip about us. Sometimes we may stand alone. However, our obedience will bring us blessings.

Lately, I have felt this way with homeschooling. I was called to homeschool. I was fearful. I do not even know if I could explain exactly how I felt when God was leading me down this path. I questioned Him many times. I argued, whined, and possibly threw a temper tantrum or two. Once I overcame my toddler behavior I knew God led me to homeschool, so I knew He would guide me. I could only fail if I took my eyes off of Him.

My children and I have heard many comments and even had “jabs” thrown at us for homeschooling. That is okay. I homeschool because He told me too. I have learned there are people who are absolutely against homeschooling and believe children should attend a public or private school. That is okay. Those are their opinions. However, it is not okay for people, many grown adults, to criticize, gossip, and outcast the children who are homeschooled. Homeschool children are no different from public school children. They ALL are a gift from God.

When we are called by Him we need to focus on what He wants us to do and not worry about other people and their thoughts. He knows what is best for us and our families.

686. My children serving others
 

687. My daughter making dinner on her own
 

688. Quiet talks with close friends

689. Dinner and laughter with new friends

690. The new friendship He has blessed us with

691. The fall weather

692. The early morning accountability text message to get me out of bed

693. Fresh haircuts

694. Homeschooling
 

695. His Grace
He will equip us with the strength and knowledge we need to perform His works....

4 comments:

  1. Homeschooling is a calling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a calling. I just pray that some people see it like that. Homeschooling is a calling as becoming a teacher in a public school is a calling

      Delete
  2. I felt that same calling over 8 years ago, when my son was entering middle school. Unfortunately, my son fought me on it, plus my husband didn't stand behind my desire to homeschool...so we sent him to public school. There were MANY heartaches that we faced because of this decision. My son made many unwise choices because of the friends he made there. I always think back and wonder how different things might have been if I had obeyed that calling from God. I know God will bless you and your family richly because of your obedience! May His perfect grace be evident in all your do!
    In His Love, Ann @ Christ in the Clouds
    http://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Forever Neighbor,

    Nice to meet you. I'm hopping over from Ann's link up to count gifts too. Homeschooling is a fun, hard work adventure, isn't it? Such neat times with the kids too. :)

    Smiling with you at your gifts of dinner and laughter with new friends, fall weather, and accountability texts. :)

    Have a great week,
    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...