13 May 2015

He Loves Me For Me


Some days I look back on my life; my life growing up, middle school, high school, and after graduation. I remember hating life. I was a lost person looking for acceptance. I was miserable. I thought once I turned 18 I would be gone. I would move out, leave my hometown, and never look back. I did leave when I was 18 but looking back I was searching for something, but I was not sure what I was searching for.

I am not the same person I was back then. I have found that acceptance. The acceptance not from people because let’s face it we may never receive acceptance from people, but I found it with Him. Sadly, there are times where I am still compared to how I was back then. It hurts but that is reality because that is how people will always perceive me. However, I know who I am. I know I am not the same person. Thank you Jesus!

Some days I find myself wishing I grew up differently or doing “what if’s?” But then I quickly remind myself I am who I am because of whom I was. My past molded me into who I am today. I learned what not to do or who to be. I am able to use my past to raise my children. I am able to use my past as a stepping stone to my future. I am able to use my past as a reminder of whom I do not want to be.

I am a child of the One True God. I have found acceptance within Him. He loves me, flawed and all. He opens His arms to me when I am crying, hurting, overwhelmed, needing comfort, needing acceptance. He forgives me of my sins when I repent. He loves me for me. And that is all I need in life.


I found who I am in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...