15 June 2010

VBS

One thing that I love the most about summer is VBS (Vacation Bible School).  On Monday my children started VBS and I love picking them up each day and seeing their excitement.  As soon as I pick them up they are busy talking about what they did, what they learned, who they met, and during all this showing me their projects they have done for the day.  It brings such to joy to me to see my children so excited about God.  We take our children to Sunday school, we do our daily morning devotionals, we do our prayers, and our bible readings.  But with VBS it really gets the fire burning within my children.  My two blessings are so excited when I tell them VBS is coming up; there is a countdown in our house.  I do admit when they are both gone for those three hours I miss them dearly, but knowing that they are learning and praising God that makes it all worthwhile.

For more WFMW jump on over to We Are That Family.

2 comments:

  1. Sofie is going to VBS, too! She is not as verbal about what she did..but she tries to sum it up and appears very happy when I pick her up. I'm grateful for the opportunity to expose her to His teachings, and that it gives her something fun to do for one week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is going to VBS for the first time this year. After what she learned in Sunday School (all 39 books of the Old Testament and something about each one) I can't wait to see what she learns in VBS.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...