20 April 2015

My Book List For The Year


Y’all notice these books in the picture, right?

These are all books or Bible studies that I had every intention of reading. Some of them I have started and read a couple chapters or maybe just a page or just never started. Either way I never completed the books. Okay, wait a second. As I look at the pile, there is one book that I did complete, which is Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst. So, yay I completed one book out of this pile! Woo-hoo!!! Now I feel a little bit better about this pile. The reason why it is even in the pile is because I need to read it again. The book is very insightful in inviting God into my weight-loss journey. That is a whole other blog post!

Anyways, as I was saying I had every intention of reading these books. Each book spoke to me in a different season of my life. However, I just never finished or started the book. I remember back in the day how I could read a book in a day or two. I could never put the book down. Nowadays I find myself getting distracted or my mind begins to wander, next thing I know I am asking myself, “What book was I reading and where I did put it?” Hence begins the cycle of never completing a book.

Am I the only one who does this? Please tell me I am not!

Over my little blogging break and just recently I was thinking about how I need to begin reading again. Make reading more intentional. Each of these books touches different areas of my life such as mothering, marriage, health, and Christian living, but they all have one thing in common; strengthening my walk with Christ.

So my goal for the rest of the year is to complete all of these books. Originally my goal was a couple of months but let’s be honest; it is me we are talking about. So I think a realistic goal for me is the end of the year. 

Right now I am reading The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst and I am LOVING it! Oh and by the time this posts I should have completed it!

Woo-hoo!! One book down….

1 comment:

  1. I did a Made to Crave Bible Study...learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...