08 May 2010

I am a Princess

This past week I ended up suffering from that horrible stomach bug that is flying around.  I thank God that my children did not receive this yucky bug.  If I wasn't on the couch, whining  complaining suffering, then I was in the bathroom and I will spare you those ugly details.  It was horrible!!!  But praise God I am doing so much better and able to finally eat solid food again.  My stomach still isn't 100 percent but such a drastic change since Thursday.  I am so happy that God healed me Thursday morning because our church was hosting their first ever "Got Girlfriends" Retreat and I did not want to miss it.  The retreat was held at a local hotel here in Fairbanks and we had an option to stay the night and of course I jumped on that.  So one of my dear bestest friends Amber, attended the retreat and also a fellow blogger, Danelle Ice from Happily Ever After was there.  It was such a great way to end this horrible week and to start this weekend. 

I will be honest with you; we have not been attending church lately, and I can feel my relationship with God sliding, of course caused on my end.  My lack of bible reading, my lack of devotional time and lack prayer time, had a lot to do with that.  It was like I was acting like He was not even here.  So, when I walked into this room full of Christian women I started to feel really convicted of my sin, and a hypocrite.  The enemy was in my head saying "why even go, you haven't been doing what you are suppose to be doing, and now you are going to act like oh I am such a good little Christian sister".  When I walked in, all I wanted to do was walk right out.  But after sitting down and eating our dinner, praise and worship started and I could just feel the Lord putting His arms around me saying "I love you, and I am so glad you are here", and "do not worry about your iniquities, I have those and I know you repent, come daughter Rejoice in Me".  What more can I say?  I am still speechless. 

How awesome is He to take me into His arms and hug me and offer His words of comfort.  He is just that awesome!!!  The whole retreat was based on us, as women, being a princess to our Father.  I left there feeling like true royalty.  I am so truly blessed to have been able to attend this wonderful God filled retreat and I cannot wait until next year!

 

1 comment:

  1. Amen! God is so good. He loves us even when we don't feel lovable. I'm so glad you were able to go and have a blessed time. Praying you remember that feeling in the midst of real life this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...