A written plan can help you see what you need to do, and what to plan for. Listed below are a few things that I have came up with already:
1. Have a menu plan.
2. Prepare most of the meals yourself.
3. When making grocery list, try to budget in an item or two.
4. Coupons, coupons, coupons, coupons!
5. Ask for help from friends.
6. Pray that another Soldier will be promoted during the same time and that this Soldier(s) will be frugal.
Preparing ahead can really help save money in the long run because there is no last minute running around looking for items and then paying higher prices. You know what coupons to look for and also you can ask that friend of yours who makes scrumptious cheesecakes to maybe prepare couple or a few for you.
What do you think? Do you have any other suggestions to add to this list?
For more Frugal Friday tips jump on over to Life As Mom.