30 April 2010

Lord Send the Rain

The weather is rainy here in Alaska, and it started last night, and is to continue until next week.  I am very excited about the rain because I have not smelled rain in about eight months, and also our grass is starting to turn green.  I know it sounds kind of silly but I know there are many people out there who love the smell of rain, and I realized it last night how much I missed it. 

With the 12+ hours of rain we have had I can see the grass is already turning green, trees are starting to spruce up, and everything is starting to look alive!!!  I am so excited about this new change in Alaska I had to share it with you.  Here are a couple of pictures that I took today to show how it looks now and then I plan on taking some more pictures next week to show you the change.  Plus, it is part of my son's science to show the change caused by the rain.  Sorry they are boring and I took them from my bedroom window so please look past the screen ;)




This tree has really started to turn a bright green.

I am hoping this tree will bloom by the end of next week or at least some type of liveliness.


What is the weather like where you live?  Are you enjoying the sunshine or the rain?


2 comments:

  1. I am another fan of the smell of rain! Today in SC it felt a touch summery. At least it's cooling off this evening and the sunshine's been beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Barb but it's been beautiful here. Sunny and warm. We had to turn the AC on last night. The rain is coming tonight and for the next few days. Love ya

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...