05 January 2010

In God's Image


The thing that I am most grateful for and the thing that brings me comfort is knowing that I was created in God's image. 
"So God created man in His own image. In the image of God, He created him; male and female He created them." Genesis 1:27


Have you ever felt that you weren't "good enough"?  I deal with the "I am not good enough" also.  For a long time I dealt with the worry of my weight, the size I thought I should be at, the color of my hair, my hips, my clothes, what label is on my purse, being the "perfect" mom and wife.  I dealt with a lot insecurities with my outside appearance during my teenage years up until probably last year.  Christmas 2008 I was in the desert, and God showed me what I was to Him.  He delivered me from the desert and brought me into His palace.  He showed me that I need to work on my inside appearance before I think about my outside appearance. 

As God was at work with my "inside" appearance, I started noticing little by little that I wasn't concerned about my weight, hair color, my hips or clothes and even what label of clothes or purse I was wearing or carrying.  God showed me that I was created in His image, and there is no one like me.  He created ME in His image, in what He saw in me as a daughter.  My husband has told me many times over he loves me the way I am, my children love me for who I am, my closest and dearest friends love me for who I am and my family love me for who I am.  I should love me for who I am, who God has created me to be.

Please understand that I am not saying that we shouldn't take care of ourselves.  I believe we truly should take care of ourselves by maintaining a healthy diet & exercise.  What I am saying is to love who you are that God created you to be.

This post is linked to Heavenly Homemakers


3 comments:

  1. Thought I would take a moment to let you know that I read this post and it was such a lovely piece of your heart to share. I was blessed :O)

    blessings from,
    Homeward Bound

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I felt very led to write this post, and share how God has helped me. Again, thank you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know this was for me....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...