06 January 2010

Day 6 of Eating from the Pantry


So it is day six of eating from the pantry.  How are we doing you ask? Well, I can say that waking up late and eating brunch is really helping us save some meals.  The bad news:

WE ARE OUT OF CEREAL!!!!  I never thought my family would run out of cereal.  WE LOVE CEREAL!!! Sometimes we have "breakner"; breakfast for dinner.  That usually consists of cereal.  HOWEVER, I will not go to the commissary to buy more cereal, we will make it to the 15th when I plan on using our last $100 for this challenge.  I think I may just buy $80 worth of cereal and then $20 of milk.  We could probably survive for the week. ;)  I am just kidding!

In all seriousness, we are doing pretty good.  Like I said with us sleeping in until around 10am and then eating breakfast later, we are bypassing lunch.  With us bypassing lunch it is actually giving us extra meals to extend our challenge which was originally two weeks. If you are just joining me you can read here about my goals in this challenge. 

On Monday, I will be posting our new menu for the week and please let me prepare you, there will be a lot of meals with chicken.  Of course rice and beans, beans and rice, isn't that what Dave says??? 

I am still waiting to hear "Mooooooooom/baaaaaaabe there is nothing to eat!!"  I think that I will not be hearing that because the family knows I am serious about not going to the commissary at all until the 15th. 

What do you think? Do you think I will be hearing "there is nothing to eat"?  Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.


1 comment:

  1. I'm not doing the pantry challenge but my kids always complain about there being nothing to eat. I always tell them they can have cheese or fruit...not what they want to hear LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...