03 January 2010

Eating from the Pantry Update



Well, day three into the challenge, and I am feeling good about it.  I went grocery shopping on Dec 30th to pick up items I needed to complete some meals that were requested.  My usual grocery shop budget is $200 on the 1st and 15th of the month.  My goal for this challenge is $100 for each pay period.  Well, I came in at $85 which comes down to $15 under budget.  I am happy with that because the $15 will be there just in case we run out of milk. 


At first look, I thought I could only do two weeks, but I don't want to jump the gun, but I think we may be able to do three weeks.  Since I have started on Jan 1st.  I already have two meals that we did not use.  Yes, my kids still ate ;)  One day we didn't eat breakfast until 1045am which caused us not to eat our lunch meal (it's hard getting out of bed when the big, yellow, bright ball in the sky doesn't show until 1000am).  We then had some friends invite us over on New Years Day for dinner. 

I feel it is a great start to this wonderful challenge!!!

Are you participating in the "Eat from you Pantry Challenge"? If so, how has the first couple of days been?  Please feel to leave a comment.

This post is linked to LifeAsMom

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...