02 January 2010

Getting to know me, The Forever Neighbor

I have recently started The Forever Neighbor but yet haven't really explained anything about me.  Well, that is going to happen today.  YAY!!!


Where to start???

Well, I was born in Florida but relocated to Minnesota when I was nine.  So I am a Minnesota girl at heart. :)  My dad, step-mom and siblings still reside in MN. I am the second oldest of six kids, I have three sisters and two brothers; we are a blended family. I have three nephews, one niece and another nephew that will make his way into the world in February.  My mom and step-dad reside in Charleston, SC. I love going there to see them because 1. its my parents and 2. I love going to downtown Charleston.  Part of it brings me back to Germany.  Awwww the cobblestone roads :)
I am a military wife and I love it.  It can be a hard life but one worth fighting for.  We have been blessed that my husband has not done a deployment since our daughter has been born, over nine years ago.  However, we are told he will be doing a year deployment.  But by God's Grace and Mercy we all with get through it.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13 

I also have done my time in the military. "Once a Soldier, always a Soldier."   I was an Army Reservist but have more active-duty time then Reserve time.  I truly miss serving with my fellow Soldiers, but God had other plans for me.  I am truly honored to have served and to protect our country as so many others have and are still doing.  Please remember to thank a veteran, and those serving today!

My husband and I just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary this past August.  I am truly blessed to call him my husband.  He is a great father, husband and friend.  I am looking forward to growing old with him.  Even though he will be there first ;)

I have two little blessings.  Well, my daughter believes that because she is nine she isn't little.  However, she will always be little to me, as all moms and dads would say about their own (Right mom?).  They truly are blessings sent from God.  Each of them had some breathing issues at birth and came close to losing them but God blew His breath into them, and they are now our miracles.  So each and everyday I thank God for them. 

Some other things about me are:
I am a HUGE list maker!  And I mean HUGE!!!
I LOVE to spend time with children and hubby,
I LOVE to read,
I LOVE to travel...one day I will go back to Europe....I will.
I LOVE homeschooling my children, and
I LOVE the outdoors.

Some interests I have are:
Learning how to sew,
learning how to knit,
going green,
natural living/eating,
homemaking,
blogging, and
learning how to cook/bake from scratch....my poor family, I can't wait to hear some of the stories my children will have when they get older. :)

Well, that is about it.  That is all about me, Barb, The Forever Neighbor. 

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email me or post a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by. :) Looking forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to "meet" you! Glad that you love visiting Charleston!! We live just outside of Charleston and, although we don't make it downtown as much as we like, it is a wonderful city to live near!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...