06 May 2015

Clean, Healthy, Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes


A favorite breakfast meal for my son is pancakes. He loves them! Well, the recipe I use is not very healthy, even though I make them from scratch. I could make the recipe clean but I am looking for something different and easy. Yesterday we found the recipe!

Now my son is my more “choosier” (I do not think that is even a word!) eater. My daughter and I were not sure how he would like these pancakes, but prayed for the best. He noticed the difference in the pancakes and asked the question, “why do they look different than normal?” I told him they were banana pancakes. He did not question after that and tore into the pancakes. After he ate two I asked if he liked them. He said they were really good. I then went on and told him the ingredients. He shrugged his shoulders and ate another pancake. I guess I can say we found a healthier cleaner version of pancakes in our house!  A chocolate banana pancake that is clean and healthy???? Yes please!!!

Woo-hoo!!!!

Ingredients:
1 banana
2 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 scoop of a clean chocolate protein powder (we use Arbonne protein powder)

1.      Mash the banana in a bowl.
2.      Add the eggs and mix well.
3.      Add the rest of the ingredients
4.      Pour about ¼ cup of batter on griddle or pan. 
Makes about 8 pancakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...