21 January 2015

Top Priority for the New Year


 
I have been quiet the last month and a half because I feel I have been on a whirlwind of chaos. I have had to step back from many things in my life recently so I can truly hear God. To have that time with Him. To rest in His arms. To go deeper in His Word. To rejuvenate myself. To become stronger in my walk. To focus on Him and not on the chaos that is whirling around me.

As you know we have entered the New Year. Of course the New Year brings new goals or resolutions. I, as like many other people, began to wonder what I was going to work on this year. I began to think of the usual items such as losing weight, be a better mom, be a better wife, and become more organized. However, each time these items came to mind I felt like those were not a top priority. Now do not get me wrong all those items are important, but there is one that is even greater. One priority that can allow me to conquer each of these items.

I needed to draw closer to God. I felt I was doing well in this area. I read His Word daily almost daily. I prayed. I went to church. I did all the “good Christian” things. However, I feel like I need to do more. I need to draw closer to Him. So this is my goal for not just this year but for each year after. I cannot complete my goals without Him. I do not know what He asks of me if I do not take time to be with Him. My relationship with Him is the top priority.

He has shown me a lot this past month and a half and I cannot wait to see what He has planned for me this year. I thank Him for doing this for me. I thank Him for showing me the areas I need to fix. I thank Him that His promises are new each day. I thank Him for His grace and mercy.  

So as each new day approaches this New Year, I will keep my focus on my one goal, which are His promises.

His Word.

His blessings.

More of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...