04 February 2014

Not Just One



Today is GratiTuesday. Yesterday was Multitude Monday. These two days are days that I write about my blessings. Yesterday I missed writing my blessings but that does not mean I was not praising Him throughout the day. Today I sit and I think, “what am I grateful for?” So many blessings are running through my head, which one do I want to write about. Then it occurs to me, I cannot write about just one.

God has blessed me so much that I cannot just write about one. He has blessed me so much this week, last week, the week before that, and so on. I know that He will bless me today and will continue blessing me in the future. I am so thankful for all He has given me. Has it been all rainbows and sunshine the entire time? No. I have dealt with many storms. However, during those storms blessings still occur.

It is so easy to dwell on the storms and focus on the negative things in our lives. I mean it seems like the world around us does that. I hear nothing but negative things on the television or from other people’s mouths. It is like we are in a society that wants to focus on the negative. Why can we not focus on the positives? Why not focus on the blessings? Maybe if we focus more on the blessings and less on the negative more hearts will change. We may hear more about miracles occurring compared to what we do now. How can we witness miracles if we are so focused on the negative?

Today, I am grateful for all the blessings He has given me. Today I am focusing on the blessings and not the negatives. Today I am keeping my focus on Him because from Him I receive peace and love.

For that I am a grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...