10 December 2013

The Blessing of Heat



The weather here in Wisconsin is cold. I am talking to the bone cold. I know many other states and cities are facing worse conditions than what my city is dealing with. Last night I went into our garage to turn off our Christmas lights and the cold took my breath away. It was a like brick wall of coldness that I walked into. I instantly felt sadness.

I felt sad for those who are going without heat.

I felt sad for those who are homeless.
I felt sad for those who are going without winter gear.

I began to realize how quickly I took our home and the blessing of heat for granted. Yesterday the blessings and I went out to run some errands. When we returned home we took off our winter gear and embraced the warmth of our home. Some people do not have that blessing.

I was reminded how blessed we were. I began to thank God for the many blessings He had given us. Blessings that I sometimes take for granted such as waking up each morning, heat for our home, jackets, gloves, hats, boots, and my family. So as I sit in my warm home, drinking my hot coffee, and watching the snow fall I think of those who are without heat or without a home.
I pray for them.

Will you pray as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...