11 December 2013

Chicken Ranch Nachos (crock-pot)


 
My sister told me about a recipe she thought we would enjoy. I made it and we really enjoyed it. The recipe was chicken ranch tacos and there are many different variations floating around on Pinterest. One day as I was preparing it I was thinking it would be really delicious as nachos. So that is what I did. I made the tacos into nachos and tweaked the recipe a bit.


Ingredients:

1 can of chicken broth (I used 1 cup boiling water and 1 chicken bouillon cube)

1 packet dry ranch packet (can make your own)

1 packet taco seasoning (can make your own)

Chicken breast (I use about 4 breasts)

Refried beans

Lettuce

Tomatoes

Sour cream

Black olives

Jalapeno peppers

Shredded cheese

Anything else you enjoy on nachos
1. Mix seasonings and chicken broth together
2. Place chicken breast in crock-pot
3. Pour broth mix over chicken and cook on low for 4-6 hours
4. Shred chicken (I normally shred chicken after 4 hours and then cook some more so the chicken can absorb the broth mix.)
5. Add chicken to plate then add the rest of your toppings.
6. Use tortilla chips and enjoy!

I normally pile on the toppings and then mix it all together. My family loves this recipe and asks for it a lot. It is a great crock-pot meal during the cold days. Best part, besides tasting really good, is it’s a quick easy meal. Can’t go wrong there!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...