22 October 2013

Unanswered Prayers



Last night while at work my boss and I were discussing moments where we wanted certain things and prayed about those things but those certain things just did not happen. We discussed how we felt when those certain things we wanted did not happen. Many of us have experienced this. We pray asking God for something, but He does give it to us or if He does it is much later than we asked for it, or He just does not give it to us. We call those unanswered prayers.


As we pray, sometimes we feel we just know what we need and what we pray for will just make things better. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. We see just pieces to the puzzle but He sees the entire puzzle completely finished. He knows exactly what we need and when we need it or if we need it all.

Back in 2007 the husband was trying to do a certain deployment. One of those top secret, not knowing where he was going, or any details to the deployment. He was accepted for four different deployments, but each time he asked his Colonel she would deny him these deployments. Finally after the fourth denial he asked her why. She responded that she does not send her Soldiers on these types of deployments. Hubby stopped trying.

God said no. He shut the door.

One night sitting at home hubby turns on the news. Something he rarely does. Suddenly I hear him gasp and I look at him. He is white as a ghost and tears streaming down his face. I am confused. I have no idea what just happen and why this strong Soldier is crying. I ask what is wrong and I become scared. Frightened not knowing what is wrong. He points to the television. I am still unsure what is going on.

A bombing.

Okay. This place deals with bombings on weekly occurrences.

Hubby finally speaks.

The bombing occurred where he was supposed to be. Instantly I cry. I could have been a widow that evening. My children could have lost their daddy that evening. We pray. We thank God for His grace and protection over my husband but we pray for those in the bombing.

Monday morning hubby arrives to work. I received a phone call from my husband. His voice is soft and I can tell something is wrong. His voice begins to crack as he tells me the gentleman who took my husband’s place on this deployment was in the bombing. The gentleman did not survive.

I cry. My heart aches for his family. I pray for this family. I cry for the family.

At the same time I thank God for closing the door for my husband to go. I thank Him for that unanswered prayer. I do not know why things like this happen. I just have to continue to trust in Him because He sees the whole puzzle.

Just remember when you pray and your prayer is unanswered or the response is no, God knows what He is doing.

Trust Him.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

This post is also linked with:
 

4 comments:

  1. Amen! Sometimes it can be so hard to trust because we don't see the bigger picture. But God does. Thank you for that reminder today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Alicia! We as humans want things now but God reminds us that we do not know what the future holds, but He does. Trust is some important.
      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Ya know, I am searching for the meaning in my handicaps and grasping at the fact that God's plans are bigger than mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendra,
      It is so hard to understand His plans but knowing that He has plans for us and plans that will not harm us is comforting. May God reveal to you His plans :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...