07 May 2013

He Carried Me Through




“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

Many of you may remember at the beginning of the year I had set some fitness goals. One of those goals was to run a 5K without stopping. I have never in my entire life run for 3.1 miles…EVER. I am sure when I was in the military we ran more than that but I would at some point stop to walk. Well, after some persuasion I am signing up, today, for my first 5K race on June 1st.

To say I am a little apprehensive or scared would be an understatement! I just thank God for the wonderful people He has set in my path that encourages me and push me to meet my goals. Yesterday, the two blessings and I spent the day with a wonderful family. During our visit my friend (whom if available that day will be running with me on June 1st) told me that I could run 3.1 miles and I need to just try it. My mind was of course telling me I can’t and that I won’t make it.

When I got home yesterday it was time for my workout session. I was tired. All I wanted to do was take a nap. I knew I had to push myself to work out because I have goals I need to meet surpass. I completed my weight lifting session and knew cardio was next. Ugh I dread cardio! I jumped on the treadmill and set a goal to run without stopping for 10 minutes. 41 minutes later and 3.2 miles I stopped! (The first two minutes I walked for warm-up, so it took about 39 minutes) I just ran without stopping!! To some this is one of those “okay so what, I run that every day as a warm-up.” From a non-runner who set a goal and met that goal, that is HUGE! I have been on cloud nine since yesterday and cannot wait for June 1st to arrive.

I know the only way I did this was with His help. I was praying the entire time I was running. I was asking Him to help me. I was quoting two scriptures; Philippians 4:13 and Joshua 1:9. I knew it was going to take more than just myself to run these miles. I had His encouragement. His strength. His love.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

I ran 3.1 miles for the first time without stopping because my Lord and Savior carried me throughout the entire run……
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! As a non-runner myself, I'm proud of you because I know how hard that is. Even more over, I'm proud that you were able to know that God was the one who helped you achieve it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...