21 January 2013

He Shows Me His Blessings

 
I can honestly say that this past week has been very emotional. It began with hubby having surgery on both knees. No matter how many times I said I was not worried and that God was with us; I found myself not being able to focus on anything when my hubby was in surgery. I thought I would be able to work on homework during the four hours I was waiting. I was wrong. I could not focus and was thinking of my hubby the entire time. Makes sense I know. Then, Tuesday evening I found out some heart-breaking news.

A friend of mine lost her husband and two young sons.  My heart ached for her and her family. All I could do was cry and pray for her. All week my heart and mind had been on my friend. I had dreams of my friend and her family.  I would see the faces of each family member in my dream. I continued to pray all week and I still am.

Then, my school.  I am not a math girl. At all. In high school, my brother, who is almost three years younger than I, were in the same Algebra class. I know! I cheated off my brother's papers and tests for almost the entire year. Until our teacher moved him to the front of the class. Then I was in trouble. I know cheating was wrong. I know, I know. I was young at the time and desperate to pass this math class, which I did. Thanks to my brother. Right now I am in a statistics class and it is really difficult for me. I pray each time I sit down to work on the problems. By the time I am done my brain is fried and I cannot think. At all. The little things begin to hurt my brain.

We missed church on Wednesday because we stayed home to take care of hubby. So, on Sunday I needed to go to church. I needed to be with my church family. I needed their love and support. I needed their prayers.  I needed to hear God's Words.  I needed the praise and worship. I just needed Him. 

I was so refreshed when my daughter and I left church yesterday. I felt uplifted and emotionally strong again. My heart still aches for my friend and I will continue to pray for her and her family. I am not stronger with my math skills,but I am ready to conquer the last few problems on my assignment. I am ready to be a better wife and mother than I have been this past week.

461.  Renewing of my mind

462.  My moment of weakness

463.  Him lifting me back up

464.  The two blessings making hubby and I dinner

465.  My two blessings making up their own cafe'


466.  Prayers from my friends and family in Christ

467.  Two out of five weeks of my school complete

468.  My two blessings wanting to be with me at all times because I know eventually this can change

469.  Success of my mom's surgery

470.  My dad driving down to our home and spending a couple of days with us

471. Playing Twister with the blessings

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a week. I'm so sorry about your friend's family - I cannot imagine such grief. Also, I can identify with your feelings about math. A statistics class scares the wits out of me! Glad you found the rest and rejuvenation you needed at church. That is one of the best uses of God's people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I can forget how important it is for fellowship. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...