12 February 2014

Tater Tot Casserole


Last week I posted an easy recipe and this week I am doing the same. This new recipe is so easy to make and one of our favorites. It does take an hour to cook but it is so worth it. There are many variations to tater tot casserole and I have tried a few different varieties.  However, I found one that my family loves. I really do not measure anything out except the milk. The rest is just by knowing what my family likes.

Ingredients:
1 pound of turkey meat or ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of milk or evaporated milk
chopped onions
tater tots
shredded cheddar cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Brown meat (add onions during this process) and then spread on the bottom of a two-quart baking dish.

3.  Then add a layer of tater tots over the meat. My family loves tater tots so I add quite a bit.

4.  Mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, and milk together in a separate bowl. After it is mixed well then pour over the tater tots and meat.

5.  Place in oven and bake for one hour. Add the cheddar cheese on top at the last 5-8 minutes of cooking time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...