04 October 2010

While I'm Waiting by John Waller

Last night as I was flipping through the television channels I came across the movie Fireproof; one of my favorite movies of all time.  While watching the movie I forgot about one of the songs that plays within the movie, "While I'm Waiting."  How I forgot I do not know.  I remember the first time I heard this song I was blown away. 

How many times have I prayed to God to answer a pray and expected the answer immediately?  I know all to well that it has been many of times.  After hearing this song it made me realize "what am I doing while I am waiting for His answer?"  Only He can answer my prayers and sometimes it may not be the answer I want but what am I doing while I am waiting for my answer?   
   
Lately, I feel so suffocated and stressed by all that is going on within my life.  I feel that I do not have enough time in my day to get everything done.  There are times where I feel like I cannot even breath if it is not on my schedule.  After simplifying my schedule I still wonder what I need to do to feel peace and not so much anxiety.  I realized tonight that I am not fully trusting in Him.  I am trying to do it all on my own.  One would think after reading the entire Bible I would know that He was with me all along.  But I am of the flesh.  I am not perfect and I pray to never be perfect.  I have flaws and the Lord knows I have many of them but all I can do is pray that He will show me the flaws and help me work through them.  I may not see His works now but overtime I will.

There are times where I need the answer now, and in my time.  I fail to remember that He has a plan for me, and only He knows that plan.  How will I serve Him while I am waiting?     

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...