03 September 2010

Everyday Blessings...

I just recently came across a blog that really reminded me of my daily blessings.  This certain blog wrote about when their daughter was called home to be with the Lord, and also their grieving process.  After reading this blog and wiping my tears I started thinking about all the blessings that God has poured upon me and my family.

I don't know about you but I know that I do not thank God everyday for some of my blessings.  Of course I thank God everyday for my hubby, my two blessings sent from Him, friends, family, and for sending His son for me.  I say Grace at every meal, say prayers to Him every day, read His word (try every day), and teach my two blessings about Him. 

The more I think about it, the more I am thankful to the God that I serve.  

We have food on our table everyday,
I have the opportunity to homeschool,
live in a country with freedom,
our income,
our home,
our pets,
the people that God has put in our paths.

I am also thankful for the blessings that I do not realize are blessings. 
Especially on those days where it seems that everything is going wrong, because that shows the strength that I have sent from Him. 

I once heard someone tell my hubby that "prayers go up; blessings pour down."  I know that there are times where it feels the world is caving in on me and I feel so detached from Him.  But I know that if I pray that I know blessings will pour down. 

"For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...