22 August 2010

Our Curriculum for 2010-2011

Two weeks of school completed and I am so happy with how well everything has being going. I still have not yet received my entire curriculum but praying it will be this week. As we are waiting for some of our items I am supplementing with the curriculum we used last year that we did not quite finish.

Here is what I will be using for my first grade son:

Bible~ Name That Bible Character
Language Arts~ Learning Language Arts through Literature Blue Program
Reading~ Bob Books sets one thru five and Reading Pathways 
Spelling~ Bob Jones Spelling 1
Math~ Horizons Math
Science~ Developing Critical Thinking Through Science Book 1
Social Studies~ My America, My World
Art~ Teaching Art to Children
Foreign Language~ Sign Language  We use DVDs that are from the public library and we also use flashcards.

Here is what I will be using for my fourth grade daughter:

Bible~ Beyond Belief
Language Arts~ Learning Language Arts through Literature Orange Book
Spelling~ Bob Jones Spelling 4
Math~ Horizons Math
Science~ Developing Critical Thinking through Science Book 2
Vocab~ Wordly Wise 3000 Book 4
Social Studies~ The History of Our United States
Art~ Teaching Art to Children
Foreign Language~ Sign Language

I am trying some new curriculum this year and I pray that it works well with us.  I will be adding reading aloud, and the blessings will still continue in their sport activities for PE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...