22 August 2010

Confirmation

Do you ever have moments where you think you should be doing something but it is "out of the ordinary" to many people?  Well, I have been having those moments and I have been praying to God to help me overcome these feelings.  A lot of these feelings have been towards the vision of my blog.  When I first started this blog I had no idea what I was doing, or let alone have a vision for the blog; I just jumped in. 

For a long time I measured how well I was doing by my followers on Twitter, Facebook, and my Feedburner readings.  Please know that I thank God for each and every one of you.  I never understood what I could do to bring in "more traffic" to my blog.  I was measuring my "success" on numbers and asking why I was not getting more traffic.  I mean I was participating in many carnivals, trying to post every day, and trying to write about things that I thought would interest people.  I would see other blogs and think "wow, I wish mine was like this."  I started comparing myself to other bloggers and lost who I was along the way. 

After much prayer God has shown me what I needed to do.  For awhile He was telling me things I needed to do to but of course like all children I was kicking and screaming.  I started doubting Him.  You would think after so many years of doubting Him that I would just do what I am suppose to each time He asks.  But that is part of building wisdom and obedience. 

Now, I am listening.  My vision for this blog, The Forever Neighbor, is to be simple.  That is it.  To be simple.  I am a simple person and there is no reason for me to try to be someone I am not.  I am so BLESSED to have my followers and I am very thankful for all of them but I am not writing for numbers anymore.  I am writing to help others.  God had me start this blog for a reason and I need to listen to Him. 

From now on I may not post every day; it may be a few days between posts.  I will continue to post about frugal living, homeschooling, military life, and being a follower of Christ.  Of course that is not limiting me to just those items but that is what I am.  I am a follower of Christ, frugal living, military wife, homeschooling momma. 

I am simple.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...