06 June 2010

Does He Want To Be On The Roof?


Over the 11 years of being an Army Wife I have learned many things, but one thing that I have learned is expect the unexpected.  Of course, that can be applied to civilian life as well.  God has truly showed me that I am not always in control and I have to deal with that.  Yes, I have to admit I am a control freak in certain areas.  How I deal with the situations is what really matters. 

Looking back over the years I cannot count how many times I have had dinner ready and waiting on my hubby to arrive home, but instead I receive a phone call, an hour after he was suppose to be home, saying he would be late.  My first reaction is "DUH!"  Trust me I have told him that and of course I would be frustrated and tell him it was disrespectful not to call me as soon as he knew he was going to be late.  I would get so frustrated with him because I worked so hard to make dinner and to have it done on time and he could not have the decency to call me earlier?  Terrible, I know.  BUT I am not like that anymore (I had to redeem myself).

My step-dad use to tell me all the time "Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife. Proverbs 21:9" After hearing that a thousand couple of times it finally hit me.  Am I really that quarrelsome that my hubby would rather live on the roof? 

As a Christian woman I try to live the Proverbs 31 life.  I know I will never be like "her" but I know that I can pray for help in this area.  I want my hubby to know that I am thankful for what he does for our family, and with me yelling raising my voice at him for running late is probably not a good idea.  I know that he would rather be home with his family than be stuck in yet another meeting; so is my arguing with him helping or hurting him?  God did not put me with my hubby to argue with him.  God put me with my hubby to support him, to be his encourager, and to love him.  "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.  But the greatest of these is love."  1 Cor. 13:13

"She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life." Proverbs 31:12

How about you? What are you bringing to your husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...