27 March 2010

Sponsor a Child Through Compassion


      


"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9


I have tried to write this post a few times, and I feel like I just cannot express my feelings on this wonderful organization but I will try to do my best!


About a month ago I wrote about our new addition to our family, and how excited we were about our new family member.  We are at the beginning of our sponsorship process with and we will be writing our first letter to our little girl in India.  Let me tell you, our little girl is adorable, and she is around the same age as my son.  I have had Compassion on my heart for awhile and then we had a guest speaker at our church and he spoke of these children in need of our help.  After the church service there was a table that displayed the children in need, and it was very hard to choose just one.  I truly, truly wanted to take them all, and sponsor each and every one of them; eventually overtime we will be sponsoring more beautiful children.  The four of us decided on our little girl because she was very close to our son's age and we felt that maybe Kolton could connect more with her.  Kaitlyn chose her because of course she was a girl, and because our little girl is so adorable!  Jerry and I chose her because we really felt that God was leading us to her. 

After talking with a representative from Compassion we found out that for $38 a month our little girl would receive: food, drinking water, clothes, an education, and the most important thing, learning about Jesus Christ.  Also, we are able to send cards, letters, and pictures to our little girl, and in return we will receive letters, and pictures from her.  Our little girl's birthday will be approaching and we will be sending a little extra money for Compassion to purchase a gift for her.  How Compassion works is that basically they are the "middle man".  When we write a letter to our child, we then send it to Compassion in Colorado.  When Compassion receives the letter they will then send it to Compassion office in India.  When the letter is received in India, a translator will then write our letter into our little girl's language.  After the letter has been translated it will then be sent to our little girl.  Our little girl will receive our original letter with a translation; which I think is wonderful.  She will be able to see our handwriting and our own tears on her letter.  She will be able to see that there are people out there who care for her well being, who love her even though we have never met, and who pray for her every day. 

My feelings to our little girl are the same as if she is really our own child.  In her packet, that we chose at church was a picture of her.  As soon as I got home from church, I instantly found a picture frame, and she now sits in our living room.  When we sit on our couches or walk into the room she is right there with us.  I also have an informational sheet with her picture on it.  That is on our fridge.  Every time I open the fridge I see her picture and say a little a prayer for her.  That picture also reminds me how bless we are that we are able to open our fridge and have food, at all times.  My husband and I are teaching our children about God and the love He shares for all of us.  Shouldn't we be doing that with our little girl?  I love her as if she is my own.

If you would like to sponsor a child please click on any of the blue links. 

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy."

Proverbs 31:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...