05 March 2010

Just More Randomness....

My daughter had her first indoor soccer game tonight.  My daughter has never played soccer before and it was great watching her have fun.  I have to be honest I LOVE watching my daughter run because my daughter is more of the ballet dance type so her running is more of a "twinkle toe" run.  Almost like a gallop or more of a ballet leap.  I just have to say she is adorable to watch!

I loved seeing my son's face light up today when I told him that he had to go to his dad's work for a little bit.  My son ADORES his daddy!!!  He has always been daddy's boy, never mommy's boy.  My son says that when he is 18 that he will join the Army just like his daddy. 

We should find out at the end of the month if my dear hubby will make his next rank.  We are praying this is his time but we know it is in His hands, and He has already made His decision.  The last two years we have prayed for my hubby to make the rank but I have come to realize that we were looking at the pay increase than anything else.  Don't get me wrong the money will be a true blessing but I have come to another realization.  My hubby truly deserves this promotion (yes I may be bias).  My hubby is all about taking care of his soldiers or any soldier that is in need of his help.  He will do what he can to help others, and if he doesn't know how, he will do what he can to find the answer.  At our last duty station he received a high award when we left, and he was recognized for his hard work.  I am praying that this will be his year! Please pray for us!!!

We have been very busy around here.  Our schedule has us going seven days a week!  God has blessed us with an extra income.  I have been praying for somehow to bring in extra income but without disrupting our family time or schedule.  Our children participate in sports and I did not want to get a night job or weekend job because that will take from them.  The job I was blessed with is a real answer from God.  The best part is that my children can go with me, and it is during the day.  The job is not everyday and it is for a few hours a couple days a week.  We are able to still homeschool, and our family time is not disrupted.  God is good!

Oh, we also just welcomed an Alaskan Malamute into our home.  This dog is my hubby's!!!  He has always wanted a husky of some sort, and after watching Old Yeller (I know Old Yeller was not a husky ;) this past weekend, we both had a desire for another dog.  We were looking on Craigslist and found a cute little girl Malamute.  She is very different from our other dog, whom is a West Highlander (the white dog on the Milkbone box).  Our Westie, Manning, was such a good dog when he was a puppy, and he still is.  Peyton, our Malamute, keeps us on our toes, but overall, she is a good dog. 
Did you notice the names??? 
Not sure if you are a football fan but yes our dogs are called Peyton & Manning, after Peyton Manning of the Indianapolis Colts.  My hubby's favorite football player of all time, some people (yes, you know who you are ;) have pointed out that we are silly but you wouldn't have it any other way =)

Tomorrow my hubby and I are going on a date!  We are very excited because we will be seeing MercyMe in concert.  I LOVE MERCYME!!!  Their song "God With Us", is one song that really spoke to me during my "desert" spell.  So every time I hear the song it reminds me of where God has brought me from.  Thank you to our "ASPCA" friends for watching our two blessings!!!

I am trying to wait patiently on a phone call from a dear friend of mine here in Alaska, to tell me she is in labor.  I cannot wait to meet the new baby they are about to be blessed with!  It should be any day now, I hope!!!

This week was very busy and I am looking forward to next week.  Alaska will be having Spring Break but we will not because we took time off during my kidney stone.  So all we have is work, Tae Kwon Do and Girl Scouts, no ballet or soccer.  So our nights should be relaxing!

How is everything going with you?  I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet your newest addition to the family--big dogs have loads of energy, and I see many trail walks in our future, God willing! Your phone will be ringing, with any luck, soon! Let's try to meet up soon, but I know you are super-busy..glad to hear all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great date and I hope your hero gets his rank! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...