13 January 2010

WFMW



I have been debating back and forth on what I was going to write today for Works for Me Wednesday.  I didn't know if I was going to write about homeschooling or something else.  But homeschooling kept coming up so I thought that is what God wants me to write about.  So....


For this edition of WFMW I decided that I am going to write about what we do during our school days. 

Oh how I wish I could sit here and type a wonderful, beautiful schedule that we follow each and everyday.  A schedule that shows us getting up around 0730 to eat breakfast, 0800 we are doing chores and getting ready for the day and by 0900 we are starting a day of school which we have our little breaks in between then we stop at noon for lunch.  We then start back at 1pm until about 2 or 230pm.  Then while school is going on the laundry is taking care of itself, dinner is preparing itself, and the deep cleaning of the house is being done by the cleaning fairy.  Wouldn't that just be the ideal schedule?

I am kind of embarrassed hesitant to write our actual schedule but in reality this is it and it works for me.  I wake around 0800 but actually do not get out of bed until around 0900 or 0930.  It is hard when it is still dark, and cold outside, all I want to do is cuddle in my bed.  We then eat breakfast around 1030, and then maybe start school around 1115 or 1130.  We definitely work on math, language, bible, handwriting (for son), and reading everyday.  However, there are days such as today that we completed math, language (for daughter), son did his reading, and we made up a song about Alaska.  That was it, that is what we did for today. 

Some people wonder how much you can actually teach during that time.  Well, the best part is that I only have two children to teach instead of 30-35 kids, which means if they understand the part I am teaching we can move right along.  I have come to realize that is why we can get through school in a couple to few hours a day. 

I would like love to have the first schedule, but for some reason that is not ideal.  I guess laundry can't do itself, oh well ;)  So instead the second schedule works for me!  I pray that when that big, yellow thing in the sky also known as the sun starts shining longer than five hours a day, we may be able to adjust our schedule.

Otherwise, this schedule works for me!!!

For me WFMW jump on over to We Are That Family.



1 comment:

  1. We don't use a schedule either. I want to but I just can't. It doesn't work for us. My oldest daughter has adhd and it works better for her to focus intensely on her school work for about 45 minutes in the morning. During that time we get phonics, math, handwriting, and we're beginning writing short stories.
    After almost 7 years of homeschooling I'm finally starting to trust myself instead of focusing on what the books and "experts" say.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...