13 January 2010

IT IS COLD OUTSIDE!!!



Today is one of those days where all you want to do is stay indoors and drink coffee (or hot tea) all day.  That is what I would like to do today.  But I CAN'T!!!  My dear daughter of mine has ballet class today (I am moaning and whining while saying that).  That means I have to go outside to warm up my truck 30 mins prior to our departure. 

Then I have to bundle up my two little blessings in boots, snow pants, jackets, gaiters, hat, and gloves, to drive to ballet.  When we arrive my daughter will have to take all of her outdoor clothing off in order to dance =)  My son will stay in his boot and snow pants.  Then after 30 mins of her class I will have to go back outside to warm up my truck.  After her hour long class, it is then back to bundling up the blessings to go back outside for our drive home.  Then when we arrive home it is back to taking everything back off again. 

Oh how I love Alaska!  I do, really, I do.  I think it is the most beautiful place I have ever been.  I think it may beat Paris, France....not sure it is a close race.  Anyways, I just have to keep telling myself two more months of this cold and we will start seeing Spring/Summer.  YAY!!!!  (I didn't know Alaska had those seasons ;).  Oh well, it is only 40 below today, it could be worst!!!





2 comments:

  1. Your pics are beautiful!!! and I love how you call your kids your blessings in normal conversation. I think I will borrow that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling your pain--just be glad you do have something to do. Our highlight yesterday was going to the Commissary and the library. Today is an inside day, and definitely messing with my energy levels. I long for the warmth of the sunshine, and a walk through the woods. It'll be here before we know it, and then you'll see how BEAUTIFUL this place really is...alive with color. ♥

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...