15 January 2010

The Great Physician



On Fridays I like to write about "Frugal Friday" and ways to save money.  However, today I have to write about something so wonderful, and so amazing that has recently happened.  Lately, within the past couple of weeks or so I have been receiving some scary news on some very important people in my life.  I will not go into details about some because of privacy.  However, I am praying very hard for all them to be healed by the Great Physician.  Yesterday, I received a call from one of my dear friends and sister in Christ, one phone call that really showed me again how awesome God is.

This post is about my friend Janie.  Janie has a beautiful five old daughter and a great husband that we call "CJ".  This is what God has recently done in her life and all of ours that love her dearly.

When we were still in Maryland we met a family that had a huge impact on me, my husband and my children.  We only met them four months before we left, and we spent as much time together as we possibly could.  Our families went to Williamsburg, VA for the 4th of July, we have done many game nights, dinner, celebrated a birthday, anniversary, they threw us a going away party, and have been there for us.  I have talked about my friends on GratiTuesday this past week, and I have referred to this family.  I cannot express how gracious and thankful I am to God for putting them in our lifes.  We miss them dearly!!!

A couple of months ago I received a phone call from my friend Janie that she was having surgery.  As soon as she told me and we were off the phone I prayed, and I prayed.  Everything went well, and from what I knew she was doing good.  I received an email from a friend that mentioned my friend Janie and how everyone was praying for her situation.  Red flags immediately started raising.  I texted my friend Janie to ask if she was okay.  She told me she was and that we will talk.  I prayed for her and her family even though I wasn't sure what was wrong or what was going on. 

It comes to find out that Janie was still having some issues dealing with her breast.  She had many tests done and had to go back to surgery.  While in surgery they removed any cells that they thought would be cancerous.  The surgery took place on Tuesday and the results would be in Friday.  On Monday, we were texting back and forth about what was going on, and all I could do was cry.  I was so devastated to hear about my friend and it killed me being clear across the country from her.  All I wanted to do was jump on the next plane out so I could be with my friend.  Just to give her a hug and let her know I was there for her.  I started praying and begging God to please heal her, as many others were also doing.  Janie has had a huge impact on many people since Janie and her family moved to Maryland, and I am so glad I am one of those people. 

So all Monday night I was praying, and praying, to God.  I couldn't sleep that night because all I could think about was Janie.  I knew I couldn't be there physically with her but I could be spiritually, and I knew the only way to do that was pray.  I prayed that she would not have cancer, and that the doctors would be able to figure out what was wrong.  Oh did I pray.  Cancer is a thing that many of us have dealt with, either themselves have battled it or someone we know.  In September my husband just lost his brother to cancer days after he turned 40 and he went to be with the Lord.  I have close ones who have also lost their lives to cancer and I was praying for Janie that it was not cancer.

I woke up at 2am (which is 6am East Coast time) to text her while she was on her way to the hospital to let her know I am praying for her and I will call her later.  She said thank you and of course told me to go back to bed. 

Later on that day CJ sent out a mass text to let everyone know that Janie's surgery went well and she is now home and resting.  I decided not to call because she was resting and I did not want to disturb her.  I called her yesterday, and she returned my call.  We talked about the surgery and how she was doing and how her family were doing.  I was not ready for the news she was going to tell me.  She received the results already.  I out of shock said "ALL READY".  She said yes.

All I could do was pray in my head to God, please Lord, please God, please, please. Please let my friend be okay. 

I believe in the power of pray, and there were many people praying for Janie and her family.

Janie told me that "there were cancerous cells in her breast, and what was going on with her were symptoms of cancer".  My heart has stopped, and I am shaking, the tears are welling up, but she wasn't finished. 

The Great Physician had done His work.  She had the start of breast cancer but they caught it at the beginning stages right as it was starting to form.  PRAISE GOD!!!  He healed her, He gave the doctors wisdom, and He was there with all of us like He always is. 

It was a very emotional day for me and I am sure it was for Janie and her family.  God has given her a great testimony, and He has healed her. 

It is hard to deal with or understand the situations that we are in sometimes.  However, it gives me great comfort to know that God really knows what He is doing.  Even if sometimes we lose a loved one.  That is why we need cherish everyday we have with one another, because we never know when the Lord will call us home.

So in end I say thank you. Thank you to my God, the God I serve for blowing His breath into my friend and healing her. 

Jer 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart."

*This was a very emotional post for me to write, and it is hard to type with tears in your eyes, but please understand He is the Great Physician!!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing story and testimony for your friend!! Our God is an Awesome God!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. God is so good! That is my life verse..the one I've claimed since battling breast cancer almost five years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali~That is so true...He is an Awesome God!

    Autumn~ This verse is one of my favorites and when I read it, it gives me great peace. Also, when I heard about my friend I thought about you. God is Great!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...