21 January 2010

Eating from the Pantry Update



Well, I was hoping that we could go the entire month but unfortunately we are done.  We are no longer participating in the Eat from the Pantry Challenge =(   However, looking back at my goals I realized that I have completed each and every one of them.



Here are the goals that I had set for myself:

My Goals:

1. Spend $100 for two weeks on dairy and produce. I usually spend $200 every paid period which is the 1st and 15th of every month.
2. Money that was saved will be put towards debt.
3. Find new recipes that will contain my pantry food.
4. Make all my bread and pizza dough from scratch. My hubby just bought me a new bread maker, so its time to put it to use!

So, looking back I am pretty proud of myself.  I should really say "I am pretty proud of us", in regards to my family.  They all were real troopers!  During these lasts three weeks I really saw a change in my two little blessings.  I only heard one time from my oldest blessing "there is nothing to eat", but I believe that is due to the fact that she wanted something in particular that I was using for lunch and she didn't like that ;) 

Otherwise, it all has gone really well.  The best part of all this was that I was really able to see how the Lord had provided for us.  Sundays are usually the days where I plan my menus for the next week.  When sitting down to plan the menu I would pray "Lord please show me what we have" "please Lord allow me to find a recipe that I can use to make meals with".  Each and every time He provided!!!!  God is good!!!

In the near future I plan on participating in this challenge again, but in the meantime I plan on building up our stockpile.

What about you? Are you still Eating from the Pantry?  If so, how are you doing? 

For more Eating from the Pantry jump on over to LifeasMom

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...