08 July 2014

Stepping Back



Just recently I decided to step away from my “everyday” life and focus on Him. I found myself getting caught up in sin that I was slowly fading away from Him. I did not like who I was. I was saying things and doing things that I knew was wrong. I would feel His conviction but disregarded it without really knowing that I was disregarding Him. I would justify my behavior.  I was so caught up in the flesh that I lost sight of who Christ wanted me to be.


It is so easy to become caught up in sin.

Stepping back allowed me to draw closer to Him. Allowed me to see what needed to be fixed. Allowed me to see what I had to change.

One area that I had to change was stepping away from people who caused me to stumble. This part was hard. I became worried about what others would say. I worried about the rumors that would be spread about me. I worried about the evil looks and haughty attitudes that I would receive. I was more worried about what others would think of me rather than what God was thinking of me.

I lost sight of who I was serving. Man or God?

It is not easy making the decision to step away from people. It is hard. I had to realize that I was not happy with who I was becoming. God kept reminding me of 1 Corinthians 15:33, which says ‘Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”  Not saying the people are bad people, just their intentions were not good. It was time to step away.

Since stepping away I have found that I am happier. I still sin because well we all do. Each day. However, my focus is back on Him. Completely on Him. Not just periodically throughout the day. Back to those who lift me up. Back to those who hold me accountable for my poor decisions. Back to those who will scold me for doing wrong. Back to those who will love me enough to say enough is enough.

What can I do for the people I had to step away from?

Pray.

Stepping away can be the hardest thing we do but not stepping away can lead us to a life of destruction.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl! Keeping you in my prayers.-Ashley

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...