17 October 2013

The Little Children

Moms Mustard Seeds

Last night we attended our Wednesday night service at church. The Wednesday night service is one of my favorites because it is a great refresher during the week and I just love the class I attend. The Wednesday night service is also when the children attend their classes such as Royal Rangers, Mpact Girls, and Frontline, which is the youth group. Every Wednesday the children gather in front of the altar to perform a worship song that includes some type of hand motions to the song. Then after their song we sing our worship songs. Last night I had to keep my emotions under control.


During our praise and worship I can hear the children’s little voices singing and then I begin to see little hands rising into the air. They are lifting their tiny hands to Him and worshipping Him.

Surrendering to Him.

Praising Him.

I was overwhelmed with emotions as I witnessed this. I know so many children who do not want to be who they were created to be because of fear. Fear of what their peers would think. Fear of being laughed out. Fear of what adults would say. Fear of rejection. However, last night these children did not care who was watching. They were lifting their hands and reaching out for Him.

These precious children made an impact on me last night. I pray these little children not only impacted me but other adults as well. We are to teach the next generation. We are to guide them. We are to be examples to them.

Last night I was reminded how these little children can be an example to other adults.

And he said; “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.”               Matthew 18: 3-5

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I loose it every time the kids sing....tissue please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful site to behold!!! Thank you for sharing this and the reminder of how beautiful it is to hear children sing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...