29 October 2013

Morning Time With Him



Every morning I look forward to two things: my Bible time and coffee. This is my favorite time of day. Yes, it may occur at 8:00a.m., 9:30a.m., or 10a.m. Regardless of the time, it is my favorite time. I am able to enjoy my cup of coffee while indulging in His word. To me the time stops and my Father talks with me. He shows me His Love through His words. Sometimes He shows me areas I need to fix or shows me areas that confirm I am doing exactly what He wants me too.

Missing this quiet time with Him can throw my entire day off. Those are the days where the laundry is overwhelming, the blessings disregard my instructions, the blessings’ schoolwork needs to be done, the dog has thrown up, the dishes are piling up, dinner needs to be cooked, and I still have my own schoolwork to complete. Those are the days where I just want to chalk the day up as a loss and wait for morning to come.
 
Now do not get me wrong all that stuff does occur on the days that I do sit with Him. However, my time with Him helps me to deal with all the overwhelming items that need to be complete during the day. I feel more focused and ready to battle the day.

I have prepared myself for the day by dawning on the full Armor of God.

“Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Ephesians 6:11
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say Hi. I found your blog on CSAHM after trying to find other Christian Mum bloggers to connect with as I've just started a blog of my own. http://1quirkymama.blogspot.co.uk/.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...