14 June 2012

My $0.23 Shopping Trip to Walgreens

Today the blessings and I headed out to our local stores to do some shopping. I believe I did pretty well. I took out $100 from the ATM and my goal was to spend no more than $75. Unfortunately, I spent $89; $14 over my goal.  I know where I could have spent less. At Our Town Market, the store had Jack's Pizza on sale five for $10. That is $2 a pizza and because these are our favorites I decided to buy ten pizzas for $20.  I will not be buying pizza anytime soon. I did buy everything on my list that was needed, but I did buy a couple of items that I had good coupons for. I am trying to create somewhat of a stockpile. Right now I have enough shampoo and conditioner to last about two months. Body wash is about two months as well. Razors is probably about four months. These items that are stockpiled will help me build a stockpile in food because I do not need to buy as much for a couple of months. Unless I find a good deal ;)

Here is my $0.23 shopping trip to Walgreens:


Walgreens has selected General Mills cereal on sale two for $5 and the angel soft was $4.  I had two manufacturer coupons $1 off of two General Mills cereal, a $10 gift card (due to a $10 RR that did not print last time I was there), and a $3 register reward.  My total came to around $9.22 or something like that. Walgreens does not give change when your gift card is under a certain amount. So instead of keeping $0.80 on my gift card, I threw in two fillers to get my price close to $10 as possible. The store had selected candy bars on sale $0.49 each. Once those were added in my final total was $0.23!!!!!

I was so excited about this trip that I told a lady in line behind me at the Our Town Market! She was impressed. 

After looking over my receipts one last time, I do have to say that I am pretty happy with this trip.  Usually I would just go to one store and not spend as much time matching coupons with sale prices.  I am so glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...