01 February 2012

Books I Read for January 2012

One of my goals this year was to read two books a month. One would think that our cross-country trek I would have finished about five books, but no, I did not even read one book! However, with about two weeks left in January I was able to meet my goal for the month.

The first book I read was Crystal Paine's book The Money Saving Mom's Budget. I was very excited to hear that Crystal wrote a book because all of her money saving tips are now in one place. Her book offered many great ideas about saving money and living frugally. Crystal mentioned tips on how to lower your grocery bill, play the CVS game, and ways to increase your own income. Some of the tips she offered, I knew about or implement in our own household. However, I did learn some new things such as how to play the CVS game. I have heard other bloggers playing this game but I never quite understood it. Unfortunately, we do not have a CVS or Walgreens in our area, but it is definitely something I will try when we move to an area that has these stores. I also learned about simplifying my schedule and my home. I am excited to try some of Crystal's tips from the book. I would recommend this book for anyone interested in saving money!

The second book I read this month was "Good Morning Holy Spirit" but Benny Hinn. This book was given to me by one of my Titus 2 ladies. I'm going to be honest, at first when I saw who wrote it I was like "ugh really." I have never heard Benny Hinn preach or read any of his books, but I believe I had this perception of him because of seeing him on TBN or other Christian channels. I would always think "ok dude," roll my eyes and change the channel. I have never given Benny a chance. So prior to opening the book I said a little prayer asking God to allow me to have an open mind. I started the book back in November, but with everything going on I never finished it. When I started the book I was very intrigued with what Benny had to say and the way he came to Christ. The book talks about the Trinity, explains the Trinity, and explains ways to really take your prayer life to a whole other level. In the book on page 125, Benny discusses that when we pray that we should ask The Spirit to take more of me instead of asking to have more of Him because we surrender to Him not the other way around. At that time I had an "ah ha" moment. I'm a so thankful that my Titus 2 woman gave me this book. I suggest if you would like to take your prayer life even further then try reading "Good Morning, Holy Spirit" by Benny Hinn.

For the month of February I will be reading "Shop Smart, Save More" by Teri Gault, founder of The Grocery Game. Also, I will be finishing "First Things First" by Kurt and Brenda Warner. Wow, I think another goal for 2012 is finishing what I start. I have a number of books I have started but never finished!

What books have you read? What books are you planning on reading?.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...