21 December 2011

Titus 2 Women

"Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." (Titus 2:4, 5 NIV).

As we are approaching closer to our movers arriving, and our time here in Alaska is coming to an end, I continue to think of my Titus two women. I have a couple of ladies in my church that I call my Titus two women. These women have definitely shown me ways to grow in my walk with the Lord and have not shown only me love, but others around them. These women have shown exactly what the Scripture say.

Today I was blessed to have one of my Titus two ladies stop by my home for a visit. It does not matter what I am going through she offers words of encouragement and guidance, but she also holds me accountable. Accountability is so important for us Christians because sometimes we can be influenced by the flesh or the world, or even both.

My Titus two women teach me, guide me,and truly live what God speaks in Titus 2:4-5. I had been praying for a few years for God to send me a Titus two woman into my life and He did. Not only did He send me a Titus two woman, but He sent me many.

God knew what I needed and He sent them. Let me tell you, He sent me some strong,God-loving, holding me accountable women. These women allow me to miss one Sunday of church, but boy, if I miss two in a row, my phone is ringing, and texts are being sent as soon as church is over. My Titus two women are calling to find out if I need anything, or if something happen.

Accountability.

The women are not calling to give me grief for missing two weeks of church in a row. They are calling to ensure everything is okay, and if I need prayer. They are holding me accountable for the decisions I make.

My Titus two women not only mean the world to me, but to my family. My children love these women and enjoy being around them. There has been a few times when the hubby and I have gone to dinner with one of my Titus two women and her husband, and my children are upset. This couple does not have children my children's age, so it is not my children wanting to play with their children. It is my children wanting to be in their presence. This couple has a love and fire for the Lord that when you leave all you can do is be in awe. I pray that one day I can display that same fire.

So each day we are getting closer to our move I feel excited, but sad at the same time. I truly wish I could just pack up these women with me, but I do not think that will happen. However, God has placed them in my life because He knew I needed them, and I know they will always be with me.

I believe we all need a Titus two woman in our life. How about you? Do you have a Titus two woman in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...