20 September 2011

This Is The Day


"This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Within the last five months my family has seen what God can do.  When my husband left our home five months ago we thought we would not see him again until December when he would take his R and R (leave from Afghanistan).  God had other plans.

When I received the phone call from my husband that he was coming home early due to medical reasons, I knew this was all God.  I remember praying "ok God, You are in control, I do not know what you have planned, but I am following and trusting in You."  Each step along the way I could see God working. 

Along with our blessings we have had some struggles, but I have not let the struggles bring me down.  I keep telling myself "yes, this is tough but keep my eyes on the Lord and He will get us through."

Have faith.

Each day I wake up saying "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."  Each time a struggle or roadblock has came our way these last two and half weeks I have seen God move them out of our path and I would continue saying "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."

No matter what we face we need to know that "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." Our prayers go up and blessings pour down, we just need to rejoice in the day the Lord has made because there are blessings; the blessings are all around us. 

So, as the doctors continue to do testing on my husband and we may receive results that can change our future, everyone will hear me say
"This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers

1 comment:

  1. Kendra/the Queen of Brussels SproutsSeptember 20, 2011 at 11:53 AM

    Do you remember the old Sunday School song for that verse? I drive my kids nuts when I sing it to them in the mornings. If we manage to get together, I will "sing" it for you...if you promise not to laugh until you cry. Smirking is ok.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...