08 October 2010

Crock-Pot Ham

This recipe is one of hubby's favorites.  Whenever I ask what he wants for dinner he always says crock-pot ham.  The ham tends to be a little bit to pricey for me so I try to make it once a pay period or once a month.  It makes a great leftover for lunch!  My favorite part is that it so easy; it takes less than five minutes to prepare!  I am not a fan of pineapple at all but for some reason I like it on ham.

Ingredients:
a small ham (around 3-5 pounds or what every size that will fit in your crock pot)
brown sugar
pineapple (either sliced, crushed or diced)

1.  Place ham in crock pot and rub brown sugar all over ham.  Sometimes I will pour a little amount of water on ham for sugar to stick to it.

2.  Place pineapple on top of ham and on bottom of crock pot. 

It looks prettier with sliced pineapple but I already had a crushed pineapple open

3.  I usually cook mine on low for about 5-6 hours.  The ham I purchase is already cooked so I just need to warm it back up.  (I  know cheating but it works!)





7 comments:

  1. Hi! :) Saw your link on Friday Followers. I am a fellow military wife; it's good to meet you! I'll be following you now. :) Please feel free to stop by my blog if you like: itsmelanie.blogspot.com. Thanks! I'm glad I found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, but tasty, I'm sure - I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about putting a ham in the crock pot. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a very good recipe! I found you through Arbor Creek Friday Followers -- I have never been to your blog before and am so glad I found it! Please stop by and say hello: http://homeschoolsuccess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do a Crock Pot ham just like this one and my boys and man LOVE it, definitely a hit around here! Looking forward to more posts!

    Danielle
    organizationalhysteria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I new to your blog and I love it. I was just wondering what brand of ham you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not use a certain brand, but it seems like I use Hormel more than often because it fits in my crock-pot.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...