14 June 2011

Our Father's Day Gift

Father's Day is approaching and I was at a loss as to what we could send to our hero.  I had a couple of ideas but nothing that I was to impressed with until a good friend of mine mentioned what she did for her husband last deployment.  What she choose to do was decorate a bandanna that her husband could carry with him at all times. 

What a wonderful idea that was!

So, my neighbor and I took our kids to the local craft store, picked up some paint, two bandannas, and permanent markers.  We then went off to her house to make our masterpieces! The blessings and I left handprints on the bandanna and also left little messages and words of encouragement for their dad.  Here are a couple of photos of the masterpiece being created:



I was so excited for my  husband to receive his box that it was driving me crazy.  After a week my husband finally received his Father's Day present.  I am happy to say that he absolutely loves it, has placed it in his uniform pocket, and carries it with him at all times.  I cannot imagine how hard it is for him to be across the world from us and having to deal with the things that go on.  So now when the hubby has a bad day or needs a word of encouragement from us he can now look at his gift.

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie,
    I really appreciate and love you very much for posting these special moments because these are days we have to live through photos. You and the kids did a great job and now I actually can talk to you guys all the time when I have a hard day. I love you guys and miss u more::)))

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...