01 April 2010

Thursday Thoughts

I know that by the time some of you receive this it will be Friday, and I apologize.  It was a very busy day yesterday and today. 

Proverbs 14:1 says "The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."

When I read this passage it makes me think about how am I building my house, or am I tearing it down.  Am I speaking respectfully to my hubby and children?  Am I showing my children the correct way to problem solve? Am I showing my hubby and children love or anger?  Am I showing my children how to love God, and to have a relationship with Him?


These are many questions I ask myself each day.  There was a time in my life where anger ruled me and many relationships have been severed because of that horrible feeling.  When my children are grown, I pray that when they were little that their mom was a great mom.  I want them to feel and know that I truly love them and I do what I can to raise them in the accordance of God's way.  I do not want to tear them down; I want to build them up.  God has given us these little blessings on loan.  We are to raise them to learn about, and to honor Him.  Am I doing that?

Am I telling my children that I love them? Am I giving those hugs and kisses (or trying since they have moments of not allowing me) like I should?  Or am I hurting their self-esteem? Am I degrading them when I should be teaching them? 

I want my children to grow up and say "I want to be like my mom" or "I want a wife like my mom".  I want to be a good example to them, and I want to raise them up, not tear them down.  I know the only way I can do that is by building my walk with Him, and never leave that path He has set me on.

I want to be that wise woman who builds her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...