12 April 2010

My Two Blessings....

Do you have those days where you are just trying to get some things done but your children insist on aggravating each other, the dogs have to go out, the children are aggravating each other, the phone keeps ringing, laundry has to be switched over, the dogs have to go out, dinner needs to be prepared, and the children insist on aggravating each other????
No matter how much my children aggravate each other, or how overwhelming my day was, those two blessings still bring a smile to my face.  I am so grateful for them that I cannot thank God enough for blessing them with me. 

Both of my blessings had breathing troubles when they were born, and we were very close to losing both of them.  Now Kaitlyn is nine years old and my son Kolton is five years old.  So it was very scary when they were born three and a half years apart and had the same issues.  However, God has blown His breath into both of them, and they are both very healthy.

Here is the thing.  When I was growing up, I did not plan on having children.  Marriage, maybe....children not in my plan.  Not because I didn't like children but because I didn't think I was going to be a good mom.  HOWEVER, God had other plans for me, and I am so BLESSED that He did.  I love my blessings more than life.  I am truly, truly, truly, truly, truly (well you get the point) blessed.  I cannot imagine my life without them.  They have taught so much, and because of them I drew closer to Him. 

I love the life that God has blessed me with and I thank Him everyday for my two blessings that He has sent me.


For more GratiTuesday jump on over to Heavenly Homemakers.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. My two younger blessings had a HUGE fight over who got to be on the couch last Wednesday, as I was on my way home from work and they were home on spring break. These are 13 and 15 year olds, mind you, and he felt he should lay down on the couch and was there first, and she felt she should be able to sit on the end, and if necessary (she generously said) he could put his feet in her lap, since she was there first. Yah, right. It lasted a good 40 minutes, with thankfully no bloodshed. I'll bet they'll be best friends when they're grown! ;) kerrydi@pacbell.net

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...