My Goals Update:
1. To read the entire Bible in a year. I was doing really well with this and I am behind on my days but I do plan on catching up.
2. To STOP drinking soda, and drink more water. I did cut down on my soda intake quite a bit. I knew that if I stopped cold turkey that I would fail. Now with this kidney stone all I have drank for the past week is water, but let me tell you there are some two liters of soda in my kitchen left over from our Super Bowl party that are tempting me.
3. To get myself and my children on a schedule for school. Our schedule right now works really well for us. We start school around 10am and are done around 2pm.
4. Get rid of plastic containers and start using more glass or stainless steel products. I am hoping that when the yard sales start up that I will be able to have a large stockpile of glass and stainless steel products than I can get rid of the plastics.
5. Stop buying paper towels. I am working on building a HUGE pile of rags and cloth napkins.
6. Start using homemade cleaners. I have used up most of my commercial cleaners and will be using homemade cleaners now.
8. Stop using Credit Cards. I am proud to say that we have not used our credit cards in 2010!!! When each one is paid off, we will be closing the accounts and getting rid of them.
9. Pay cash for our CHRISTmas gifts. We will start working on saving up for this next month.
10. Read more books. I have not read as many books as I would like, and I am hoping to make more time in my day for this
11. Teach myself to knit. Work in progress ;)
12. Organize my cupboards. I plan on doing this goal as soon as I am up and running again. I cannot stand how my cupboards are looking right now. I will be posting before and after pics of this one!
13. Purge our storage area in our basement. I was told that my hubby has done this while I was down last week. When I finally made it to our basement he really made it look ALOT better. I am just not sure if purging was done though ;)
14. Lose the weight I gained since living in Alaska for the last three months. I have not even worked on this one (embarrassing!!!) I am hoping that since I have been drinking lakes and lakes of water due to this stone that maybe some pounds have came off. Also, last week I went a whole week without eating but that was b/c I had no appetite and I mean NONE. Which is a HORRIBLE way to lose weight. I am hoping to do the Wii when my strength has came back. Also, the weather is warming up here in Alaska, so the blessings and I will be out walking and enjoying the weather.
After looking at the list I was hoping to have more done but I am happy with what I have. I am SO very happy about our emergency fund. That was one goal that I really wanted done, and on top of that we reached our goal a month early. I originally said the end of February but we were able to have it the beginning of February.
So far, so good...don't you think?
How are you doing with your New Year Goals? Have you completed any? I would love to hear from you.