01 October 2014

Are We Showing His Love?



Love.
Not the love of a husband and wife or even the love of a child, but the love from our God. Many times we think we are showing His love but can I ask are we truly showing His love? Not the love we think is His love but truly His love.

In 1 John 4:19 it says, “We are to love because He first loved us.”
We may not like decisions others have made in their lives. Decisions loved ones have made, such as friends. Members of the church. Or even people in general.
However we are called to love like it says in 1 John 4:19.


 A command not a suggestion.
Sometimes loving someone is hard. It is hard to love someone who is making a decision you disagree on, but all we can do is love.
We pray for them. We ask God to speak to their hearts. We ask God to change their hearts. We ask God to have them see it our way.
Then God reveals to us that sometimes or maybe all the time our way is not the right way. Sometimes we have to let people go. Sometimes people have to make mistakes or have experiences to figure out exactly what God has for them.

As Christians we are to love. Are we loving, those people if we are in their ear trying to persuade them? Are we showing love to those people if we make them feel guilty? Are we truly showing His love?

We are to love without holding grudges. We are to love without barriers. We are to love as God loves us. A great example of His love is the well-known verse we all know: John 3:16, For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” God loves us so much He gave us His Son! Who can say they would do the same? Another great example of this kind of love is the father accepting his prodigal son home knowing of his wrongdoings. We as Christians are to do the same, regardless if we agree with the decisions our loved ones or friends make. God still loves us when we sin or make mistakes. Shouldn’t we do the same for others? I guess I should add not just showing love but mercy as well.

We are one body. We all are children of the One true God, no matter what. We are a family. A family that is to love one another. A family that is to have each other's back. No matter what had been done to us. God does not remember our mistakes so we are not to remember anyone else's, or our own.

We need to love
.

How much love could we show one another if we set all our own personal differences aside and truly show His love? It is so hard to do that because we are human. We are of flesh. Our emotions take over before we can even get them under control. Sometimes our true emotions show our true self. Not the self we have in Him. But the self we have in the world.

God wants us to show love. Sometimes that love is expressing or confronting a brother or sister in Christ. Is it easy? No way. Are we called to do it? Yes. Is there a certain way to do this? Yes.
By love.

We are to love one another as God has called us to do.

Sometimes we don't know the path God has for us. But He knows. Sometimes we may not understand that path or want to follow that path, BUT if we are called by God to travel a path He has called us to travel, we need to be obedient. It may be hard for people in our lives to accept those paths God has called their loves one to travel. As children of God all we can do is show His love. Love the person who is traveling this path because it may be hard for them. It may be rough. But knowing they have people praying and showing His love to them can make it easier for the path they are traveling.

Now please do not think I have everything figured out because I do not. I sin daily. I throw stones before I even realize I am throwing stones. Words come out of my mouth before I even think about what I am saying. My anger can get the best of me as does my sarcasm, as does my flesh. When God gave me the words for this teaching I will be honest with you. I was truly convicted by this. My heart hurt for the words I have said, actions I committed, not being obedient to Him, and the list goes on. One thing I truly learned from these words He gave me was no matter what occurs to us or around us we are to love. It is hard. Many of us if not all of us can say Amen. However, we as Christians have been called to love even when it is hard to love.

We are still to show love when it is tough to show love. We are to show His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...