13 August 2010

Not Eating Out

After spending two weeks in a hotel and eating out two to three times a day, when we arrived home from the lower 48 the last thing I wanted to do was see the inside of another restaurant.  The morning after we arrived home I went to the Commissary and spent about $300 to restock up our food supply, and our stockpile.  I have been making all of our meals and oh how I have missed that.

We have been home for two weeks now and I have seen a little bit of a savings in our checking account. Not eating out has really helped us save some money.  The hubby and I have been doing a plan of not buying anything unless it is a necessity and so far we like it.  Of course, this week we have totally blown that plan but will be back on for next week; I will explain more next week.

For more Frugal Friday tips jump on over to Life As Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...