18 December 2013

Leaning On God

I wrote this post a couple of years ago and what a great reminder about leaning on Him during our times of struggles. As I was reading this post I thought to myself, "wow, this was just me yesterday." Sometimes we need a reminder that we are not alone and He will direct our paths when we trust in Him.

Do you ever have those days where you are just going to "chalk the day up as a loss"? 

Well, I had one of those days yesterday.  It was just one of those days where apparently being a mom is non-existent.  You know what I mean? You know where you tell the kids something and they have "selective" hearing that day.  Finally, by 8pm last night I was the one who ended up in their bedroom taking a moment to breathe.  During my "time-out" I was sitting there praying to God asking for forgiveness and mediating on His word. 

When I have moments like I did yesterday there is always one verse that comes to mind.  This is actually the first verse I memorized, and one that I use daily. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6

There are moments where I try to do things on my own, not realizing that I am not letting God direct my path.  In the end, I end up failing because I allowed my "flesh" to lead me and not allowed my God to lead. 

BUT you know what the best part is?????  God is compassionate, God is loving, God is forgiving, God is always with us, and will never forsake us.  It brings me GREAT peace that when I mess up, and repent, God will always be there with open arms. 

God always has His arms open for us.  When you feel your family has left you, your friends have turned their backs on you, co-workers talk about you, your having marital problems, or satan is after you....He is always there with arms wide open ready to love you and defend you!  We just have to let Him, we have to trust in Him, we have to acknowledge Him, and He will then direct our paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...